Thursday, June 5, 2014

JUNE: 606

JUNE:  Peeling Onions 606
encaustic mixed media on birch 8x10
Welcome to June!  This is Day 6 of my sharing of a painting a day for the month of June.  If you missed the first 5 days you can catch up HERE.
Needless to say - this is what I have been up to for the past few weeks.  The opening of JUNE and Encausticollages was fabulous - tons of friends coming to see the new works and see me paint.  What a wonderful way to spend a Thursday night.  Honestly, its days like this that make the hours in the studio so totally worth it.  Thank you all.





15 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I know just how she feels. Onions make me cry too. I love your encaustics, Marji.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, as always, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so delighted for you Marji-Congratulations and your June calendar work is wonderful. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has been a wonderful project and this panel is a great one... full of wit and your fabulous style...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Marjii. Your work is beautiful and quite unique!

    http://agagasiniak.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice painting and a great idea to paint everyday work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful painting Marji! I wish I could have watched you do work magic in person too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have also been painting one a day for 30 days in June. Mine are ATC cards, but it still gets you painting every day, no matter the size or the medium. Congratulations on your challenge! I like your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spectacular painting and such emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous and it made me smile! just love your collages!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love her expression. . . yes onions make me cry too. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the "for crying out loud" message! How often we feel like that! Wonderful work! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that painting - has a real throw back quality - looks like apron and dress of the '50s

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the humor in this piece and congratulations on your show. A painting a day is such a great practice. You inspire me. Hopefully the Pay it Forward reaches you this time.
    xo Irene

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...